The Openbravo Commerce Suite provides a comprehensive set of practical features for retailers to better support their daily store operations, including a flexible, easy-to-use process for opening and closing stores and terminals. At the beginning of the day, each Store Manager can easily open the store for the corresponding Business Date
Nowadays, user experience is one of the most important areas for any business application. So Openbravo puts great emphasis on improving the user experience to let users be more precise and efficient. The Select and edit multiple ticket lines functionality has been developed with this purpose in mind. Now, it
|Openbravo POS on tablets and smartphones|
To illustrate this, a new video is available which shows Openbravo POS features in action on mobile devices, English and Spanish, which complements the one we published last week showing Openbravo POS in a sporting shoes retailer, here.
- Simplified deployment and maintenance of a single and cross platform solution that can be run in multiple terminals, either traditional PC based or modern mobile devices like tablets or smartphones, providing the same functionality and user experience, instead of native mobile solutions which require to be installed on each mobile terminal. Only by using a browser.
- Enable the go-mobile strategy, an industry imperative today, by using both iOS, Windows or Android mobile devices
- Dramatically reduce terminal costs by using mobile consumer devices, like smartphones or tablets, instead of traditional PC-based terminals
- Provide a better service and shopping experience to their customers
- Empower store staff and increase service quality with a modern and more flexible solution that help staff while selling and assisting customers
- Be more agile in front of seasonal demand situations which require more points of sale by simply adopting mobile devices during these periods
This new feature converts Openbravo for Retail in an even more compelling solution for retailers of different sizes and activity, that can access to a modern and more flexible solution, which can be easily tailored to their own special needs, giving them more agility and better TCO, while achieving real-time global visibility and efficiency on their business demands.
- Are you an independent mid-sized brick-and-mortar retailer struggling to go mobile and interested to grow on-line? Openbravo for Retail can provide you strong store, e-commerce backend and corporate functionality, with a single source of truth
- Are you an e-tailer seeking for a complete e-commerce backend solution to better manage your growing operations? Openbravo for Retail can be easily integrated with any e-commerce platform (Magento connector available for example). If you are thinking on opening pop-up stores for showrooming, Openbravo POS with mobile devices can also be a key element for a quick up&running
- Are you a large brick and mortar retailer and want to protect your headquarters system investment while improving your stores operations? Openbravo POS is the perfect solution, easy to integrate with your current corporate system and from a single integration point
With the technology and interaction design well on their way, we´re now about to close the graphical design phase for Openbravo Web POS. It’s going to look like no other Point of Sale you have seen before and sets a new design direction for Openbravo Mobile and Retail. Here’s the design rationale.
Minimalist & direct: Openbravo Web POS features a minimalist design inspired by De Stijl and the Metro design language, that prefers content over GUI chrome. It uses straight and rectangular forms and is strongly typography based. The user is encouraged to interact directly with labels. For example, to add an item from the product catalogue, you just click the label (1). To reduce the amount, you just click the amount (2). There is no need for additional buttons and a minimum amount of taps is needed.
Light & flexible: Elements float on top of a background, emphasizing the lightness and flexibility of a web based application where the presentation layer is separated from business logic and data.
Optimized for modern touch screens: The new design makes use of modern touch screen capabilities that are offered by consumer devices such as the iPad but also increasingly by more industrial terminals. Products are browsed by swiping lists rather than using tedious next/previous or scroller bars. These are only rendered in case of older touch screens or mouse/keyboard operated keyboards.
Happy to be personalized & customized: Openbravo Web POS runs on anything with a browser – which means it must look good on all platforms and devices. It should also blend in with the retailer’s shop and brand. The open architecture and use of standard web technology (HTML5) allows for easy adaptation for specific environments and even without coding, personalization should be easy. Colors and backgrounds can be matched with the company’s corporate identity and adjusted to temporary themes.
Playful and proud to be seen: Most POS GUIs are dull looking, which is a missed opportunity because the exposure of these systems to staff and clients is high compared to other back end systems. POS systems take central stage in most restaurants and bars and retailers more and more let their customers co-interact with the system. Openbravo Web POS wants to be an appealing, fun and professional piece of software that staff and customers love to use and show. Nifty little design details such as the folded corner, animations, illustrations and intelligent messaging add to the experience. The exposure of the POS GUI to staff and customers is also an opportunity to communicate with them, through the GUI itself (e.g. branded themes), the message area (for staff) or the customer display (for customers).