Q3-2014 Openbravo Commerce Platform and ERP Platform Releases available
We are happy to announce that the new Commerce and ERP Platform Releases, 3.0RR14Q3 and 3.0PR14Q3, are already available in QAA (QA Approved) status. Detailed release information can be found in our wiki: 3.0RR14Q3 (Commerce) and 3.0PR14Q3 (ERP).
These two releases come with a new set of capabilities that enhance the previous releases. Highlights:
Commerce Platform (3.0RR14Q3)
Security and Audit
- Now it is possible to control and authorize specific devices to connect to a specific POS Terminal thus increasing security in the use of physical devices
- A new audit functionality allows to log all receipts printed by the Hardware Manager in a file for auditing purposes
POS HW and Peripherals
- Enhanced drawer management with the ability to detect the drawer status and the option of opening the drawer directly from cash management
- Capacity to print PDF reports/files from POS through the HW manager
- Direct USB support to the HW manager, allowing peripherals to be connected through USB with Openbravo’s Web POS
- Improved hardware documentation and specification of the recommended hardware configuration for Web POS and peripherals
- Mobile capabilities have been enhanced by allowing to run Web POS in Chrome in full screen mode on Android devices. Before this, it was only possible using native Android devices.
ERP Platform (3.0PR14Q3)
- New Core Development Platform features help to further increase the platform flexibility and extendibility. In this case new improvements in the generation of parameter windows or the capacity to manage HQL based tables are included in this new release
- Improvements in unit testing are also provided for developers with a new infrastructure to write JUnit tests for Request objects that will make it easier to test REST web services and other data sources.
- Financials new features have been also included such as the ability to browse open balances for AR and AP in the General Ledger or an improved invoice payment report.
- And we have continued our effort in the area of system performance with different improvements that will help to provide higher performance and system responsiveness
During the next few days we have planned for additional materials that will help to better understand the benefits of all these new capabilities. Stay tuned!
We encourage you to start reviewing all these new features and use our social channels to share your thoughts with us on what we are doing and how you think we can make Openbravo solutions even better!