New Feature: Usability and analysis improvements in Openbravo Analytics
Openbravo Analytics is a powerful embedded analytics engine included at no extra cost with every Openbravo commercial subscription. And it just got better! Upgrade to the latest version of Openbravo Analytics and you will benefit from improvements in the user interface and the analytics capabilities.
Openbravo Analytics leverages open source technologies from Pentaho, Meteorite.bi, Mondrian (for the creation and management of OLAP cubes) and Saiku (for the visual management of data) to generate advanced analytical reporting in Openbravo.
Standard functionality includes a list of out-of-the-box analytical cubes, reports and widgets than can be used or extended to adapt to most specific reporting requirements. Reports and widgets created can be shared with end users and accessed either via the application menu or as widgets that can be embedded in the end-user workspace.
Upgrade to Mondrian 4 and Saiku 3.8
Openbravo Analytics stack has been upgraded to Mondrian 4 and Saiku 3.8, so it now leverages new features included in these versions that help to provide a better user experience.
The user interface improvements include:
- Columns, filters and rows are presented in a clearer way, making it easier for users to select and organize information to create and manage reports.
- Multiple tabs are allowed, so users can now work simultaneously with multiple queries in the same workspace.
- Its is now possible to enable a full-screen mode.
- Graphs can be exported not only to .pdf and .png but also to .jpeg.
The picture below shows two tabs open at the same time and you can see how the columns, rows and filters are displayed.
In addition, this latest version of Openbravo Analytics has improved analysis capabilities:
- A new “Drill across” button is now available, which provides a better way to analyze the way a cell is calculated. You can see how to use it in the following link.
- A “Week” timeframe is now available.
- A more flexible way to reference parameters in MDX queries, which makes easier to run them with different values.
NOTE: This new Openbravo Analytics version has the following minimum system requirements:
- Openbravo Core module version must be 3.0PR16Q2 or higher.
- The JVM must use Java 7 (1.7) or higher.
- If using PostgreSQL as the database, it must be version 9.3 or higher.