The Openbravo Grid is one of the most powerful Openbravo user interface components, providing spreadsheet familiarity to help end-users boost efficiency and productivity. This new platform capability has been specially designed to improve grid performance in high-volume environments, where sorting or filtering grid columns could result in a poor end-user
The custom scripts that are used in Openbravo ERP are added in the web/org.openbravo.client.application/js folder. There is another folder in the same path, org.openbravo.userinterface.smartclient which contains the core smartclient elements that are being used and modified for Openbravo. Notice that the scripts are segregated related to the user interface elements. For eg., The alert-management folder contains all the scripts needed for rendering and manipulation of the alert window. I will try to touch base on few elements that are being used widely and most likely to be debugged. But before that we should be aware that Openbravo uses the free marker template engine to generate user interface based on the scripts. In essence, the user interface elements that we see are mostly formed from FTL (Freemarker Template Language) templates. These templates are stored in the src/org/openbravo/client/application/templates folder. Here is a screenshot of the templates.
- ob-messagebar.js (the form and grid components are detailed below)
2. Grid View
Attachments are one of the breezy UI aspects of Openbravo, where you can attach any number of attachments to any record in the application. The beauty of the feature lies in the fact that you can restrict the access to the attachments for a specific us…
|Openbravo POS on tablets and smartphones|
To illustrate this, a new video is available which shows Openbravo POS features in action on mobile devices, English and Spanish, which complements the one we published last week showing Openbravo POS in a sporting shoes retailer, here.
- Simplified deployment and maintenance of a single and cross platform solution that can be run in multiple terminals, either traditional PC based or modern mobile devices like tablets or smartphones, providing the same functionality and user experience, instead of native mobile solutions which require to be installed on each mobile terminal. Only by using a browser.
- Enable the go-mobile strategy, an industry imperative today, by using both iOS, Windows or Android mobile devices
- Dramatically reduce terminal costs by using mobile consumer devices, like smartphones or tablets, instead of traditional PC-based terminals
- Provide a better service and shopping experience to their customers
- Empower store staff and increase service quality with a modern and more flexible solution that help staff while selling and assisting customers
- Be more agile in front of seasonal demand situations which require more points of sale by simply adopting mobile devices during these periods
This new feature converts Openbravo for Retail in an even more compelling solution for retailers of different sizes and activity, that can access to a modern and more flexible solution, which can be easily tailored to their own special needs, giving them more agility and better TCO, while achieving real-time global visibility and efficiency on their business demands.
- Are you an independent mid-sized brick-and-mortar retailer struggling to go mobile and interested to grow on-line? Openbravo for Retail can provide you strong store, e-commerce backend and corporate functionality, with a single source of truth
- Are you an e-tailer seeking for a complete e-commerce backend solution to better manage your growing operations? Openbravo for Retail can be easily integrated with any e-commerce platform (Magento connector available for example). If you are thinking on opening pop-up stores for showrooming, Openbravo POS with mobile devices can also be a key element for a quick up&running
- Are you a large brick and mortar retailer and want to protect your headquarters system investment while improving your stores operations? Openbravo POS is the perfect solution, easy to integrate with your current corporate system and from a single integration point
A Business partner in Openbravo is any third party like customers, suppliers, creditors etc. Even employees can be business partners. These business partners are segregated through Business Partner Categories. For more information on Business Partners refer here. More often, companies are caught up in situations where they are not able to restrict a particular customer […]
In a finance driven ERP like Openbravo, the management of the finances is one of the key requirements of the clients. In a typical scenario, there are going to be a huge number of transactions between the client and various business partners. But the client needs to be aware of the financial status of the […]
In Openbravo ERP, preferences are a cool and effective way to manage restrictions and apply certain additional actions at various levels like Client, Organization, Role and even at the window level. For more information on using preferences, refer http…
Good article on installing Oracle 11g R2 in Windows 7.Oracle 11g Installation on Windows 7 | MacLochlainns Weblog: ‘via Blog this’
Openbravo as framework is as powerful as Openbravo as an ERP. Development and Customization has been very much streamlined due to the MVC architecture and the modular approach. That is one reason there are so many modules/verticals available on top of …