Without any doubt, one of the most important findings of the 20th century has been The Internet. It changed the way people accessed information and communicated with the rest of the world. Nowadays, people, consciously or not, use cloud applications every day for many different purposes: communicating through email or instant messages, sharing documents, watching videos or listening to music in streaming, accessing social networks,… Business applications are also following this trend as it has clear benefits for companies and users.
Since the beginning, Openbravo’s vision has been to build native web based business applications. Openbravo solutions use state-of-the-art technology that enables you to have 100% of its functional footprint fully accessible through a web browser. This capability has clear benefits for companies as it provides total flexibility for end users allowing them to access their business processes data from any device and any location. It also reduces IT costs, as it simplifies the solution deployment process as well as its maintenance. No specific software needs to be installed in users’ computers and server updates are immediately available to all users.
Cloud based solutions are in addition much more secure than traditional client server applications. With Openbravo, access to data is done through a highly secure Internet protocol that encrypts the data that navigates through the net and furthermore the solution can be hosted in cutting-edge data centers that have capabilities such as 24×7 availability, redundant hardware and data communications, full server backups and advanced disaster recovery strategies. Very few companies can guarantee this level of security in their in house servers.
If you still have a legacy business application and want to move to a modern native web based and cloud ready solution, contact us here and ask for a demo. We will be pleased to put you in touch with one of our local partners.
|Openbravo POS on tablets and smartphones|
To illustrate this, a new video is available which shows Openbravo POS features in action on mobile devices, English and Spanish, which complements the one we published last week showing Openbravo POS in a sporting shoes retailer, here.
With this new capability which strenghtens Openbravo’s mobile retail offering, brick-and-mortar retailers get clear business benefits:
- Simplified deployment and maintenance of a single and cross platform solution that can be run in multiple terminals, either traditional PC based or modern mobile devices like tablets or smartphones, providing the same functionality and user experience, instead of native mobile solutions which require to be installed on each mobile terminal. Only by using a browser.
- Enable the go-mobile strategy, an industry imperative today, by using both iOS, Windows or Android mobile devices
- Dramatically reduce terminal costs by using mobile consumer devices, like smartphones or tablets, instead of traditional PC-based terminals
- Provide a better service and shopping experience to their customers
- Empower store staff and increase service quality with a modern and more flexible solution that help staff while selling and assisting customers
- Be more agile in front of seasonal demand situations which require more points of sale by simply adopting mobile devices during these periods
This new feature converts Openbravo for Retail in an even more compelling solution for retailers of different sizes and activity, that can access to a modern and more flexible solution, which can be easily tailored to their own special needs, giving them more agility and better TCO, while achieving real-time global visibility and efficiency on their business demands.
- Are you an independent mid-sized brick-and-mortar retailer struggling to go mobile and interested to grow on-line? Openbravo for Retail can provide you strong store, e-commerce backend and corporate functionality, with a single source of truth
- Are you an e-tailer seeking for a complete e-commerce backend solution to better manage your growing operations? Openbravo for Retail can be easily integrated with any e-commerce platform (Magento connector available for example). If you are thinking on opening pop-up stores for showrooming, Openbravo POS with mobile devices can also be a key element for a quick up&running
- Are you a large brick and mortar retailer and want to protect your headquarters system investment while improving your stores operations? Openbravo POS is the perfect solution, easy to integrate with your current corporate system and from a single integration point
So after wasting too many euros on useless – for my purpose – wireframe apps in the App Store (it´s a shame that you can´t return an app if it doesn’t do what it says on the tin), I finally found a decent interactive mockup builder app in the business category; a place where I did not expect it. Don´t get fooled by the boring name but mind you: Presentation Link is quite an exciting find for interaction designers that need to test their work on users. Presentation Link lets you import your images (or PDF presentation) from Dropbox or iTunes. You can then add transparent hotspots on top of these images that turn dead pixels into interactive components. Just draw a rectangle on top of (an image of) a screen element and tell it which slide should appear next when tapping it. By adding enough images that represent different scenarios, you can get very close to the behavior of the final application. Here´s a little demo of Presentation Link: