One of the cool feature of this reference is the fact that it is an active written document that permits you to search the Openbravo datas model directly from the wiki, without the need to open additional tools such as PgAdmin.
- Tabular arrays are grouped in packages of functionally tied in entities; for illustration, all the tabular arrays linked to invoices are grouped in org.openbravo.theoretical account.common.bill
- For each one table - for example C_INVOICE - incorporates a full description of all of its columns
- Columns being part of a foreign key - for example C_BPARTNER_ID on C_INVOICE, is a normal column and it is foreign key column to C_BPartner table.
- Columns description - for instance PARTNER_ADDRESS on C_INVOICE, gives information about it in the column description
- Columns linked to a callout - for example TRANSACTION_DOCUMENT on C_INVOICE - provides a direct link to the java sourcecode implementing the callout.
This is a rattling valuable tool that can save hours of investigation and increase the productivity of many Openbravo developers. Take it for a spin.
This document on database model is updated automatically for every new MP. which is made possible by
- Openbravo ERP module org.openbravo.utility.modelwikidoc, which generates the entity model wiki page and its subpages.
- Continuous Integration, which checks for new MP (mercurial tag) and execute the wikidatamodel generation process
One can check updates in the data model using page history, example http://tinyurl.com/25pgvov