The improvements included in Openbravo POS 2.20 are summarized here. To read in detail the changes read the Openbravo POS 2.20 Release Notes.
- Improved tax system. The taxes functionality of Openbravo POS have been changed to make it equal to the taxes system of Openbravo ERP. New windows has been created and the taxes reports have been modified. With this new system long demanded features like the possibility to have two different taxes by receipt line and support of Canadian, German, and other countries taxes system can be implemented now with Openbravo POS.
- Customer module improvements. More fields has been added to the customers table: contact fields and localization fields. All these fields are also available when printing receipts allowing Openbravo POS to print invoices.
- Update all external libraries to latest version. Third party libraries like Jasper Reports, Barcode4J, HSQLDB, JavaPOS, Substance and SwingX, has been updated to the latest stable releases. This guaranties that the functionality of Openbravo POS that relies on third party libraries contains the latest improvements and bugs fixed up to the latest releases.
- New installer packages. To make it easier to install and deploy Openbravo POS. There are new installer packages for major OS: Windows, Ubuntu and Suse.
- A large list of enhancements like the ability of merging receipts in restaurant mode. Fine grained security editing receipts. Sequence number for closed cash reports. Animations for customer displays. New customers diary report. New button to hide / show the menu instead the split bar to improve usability. Improved events and scripting capabilities in the sales panel. And much more...
- 19 bugs fixed.