Posts by anandanmn:
The module Standard OFX mainly used to import the bank statements from the OFX file. OFX format is widely used in banks for sending their client statement. Using the ofx file, Customer can import the bank statements and also customer can verify the bank statements with openbravo transactions statements.
Open Financial Exchange
Open Financial Exchange (OFX) is a data-stream format for exchanging financial information.Open Financial Exchange is a unified specification for the electronic exchange of financial data between financial institutions, businesses and consumers via the Internet.Open Financial Exchange is an Internet-oriented client-server system that features a direct connection between the client and a financial institution’s server, employing a request/response model using XML. Navigate to this link for more detail Open Financial Exchange
Import Bank Statements
A customer can create purchase or sales invoice. He would maintain his transaction in the application. Bank will send the bank statements to the customer based on his transaction. Customer can match the bank statements with the application transaction statements.Using the ofx file, Customer can import the bank statements.
The standard ofx module is available as a commercial module in the Openbravo Forge for users on Openbravo ERP 2.50 and up. In order to make the most of this module, some configuration must be done. Once the configuration is done, Customer can use the feature of standard ofx. Further information is available in the Configuration Manual.
We have developed the functionality of this module in the following way: first of all, customer need to provide the ofx file.The ofx file contains transactions. We get the necessary parameters from the ofx file to import the bank statement. Created bank statements are available in the Import Bank Statement and Bank Statement Lines tab. After importing the bank statements customer can match the bank statements with existing openbravo statements using the matching algorithm.
The standard ofx module is a commercial module. User need to get the access to use the standard ofx module.User can obtain the obtain a copy of the License at Openbravo License.
Selenium IDE Installation
Please download and install the Selenium IDE for “fireFox” – http://seleniumhq.org/download/
Note: Sometimes with Firefox 3.6 is not working properly.
Eclipse – Selenium Configuration
- Create a new Eclipse environment, to configure the eclipse, please refer the below link as specified. http://wiki.openbravo.com/wiki/Installation_and_setup_of_Eclipse_IDE
- We have to clone the following repository were you created the workspace, to clone the repository:
- hg clone https://code.openbravo.com/tools/automation/pi-engdev/automation.
- For example, you have clone at this path level: /home/openbravo/workspaces/pi as a result of above clone at the path, the directory structure would look like
- Open up the eclipse and follow the step
- File >> New >> Project and then select Java >> Java Project
- Specify the Project Name as “automation”
- Check “Create project from existing source” and select /home/openbravo/workspaces/pi/automation
- Press Next and Finish.
- Refresh and Build the automation project.
- Create a copy of “automation/config/OpenbravoERPTest.properties.template” and rename as “OpenbravoERPTest.properties”
- Configure the “OpenbravoERPTest.properties” files with the help of following link
- Create a “logs” folder in /home/openbravo/workspaces/pi/automation/
- Navigate to /home/openbravo/workspaces/pi/automation and then run the following ant commmand.
- Finally Run a sample test suite of logging and logout:
ant test.integration -Dtestclass=”com.openbravo.test.integration.erp.testsuites.smoke.masterdata.ADM0000_Logging”
Advance Payables and Receivables Management is a new workflow for the users that increase the speed and ease of doing their receivables and payables.
This development with respect to the existing “Payment” workflow and it should be able to use their process without reconfiguration.
We have also created a test instance for the community to work around with this project / workflow. Click the link as mentioned below with the credentials of demouser / demouser. http://188.8.131.52/openbravoengdev/security/Login_FS.html
Please find the link for the user guide / demo script to work around with this project.
And you can post your doubts and comments in our forum Online appliance
Functional Design: This module is developed on top of Openbravo ERP core and loads the regions or states which belongs to India. India has union of states comprising of 28 states and 7 union territories. Basically this module will have these states and union territories of India. Anyone can download and install this module to view the regions of India. Click here to know more on Functional Specification.
Technical Design: This is a simple design of the Indian State module which has been developed with the dependency of Core module and it is defined as an extension module. Find below the technical content of the design document.
Note: An example has been included in HowTos section under “How to create dataset” link.
Conclusion: The Indian States extension module will act as an independent module. The country India already exists in theCore module but there are no states (Openbravo ERP refers this as Region) available. So this new module will have the states of India like TamilNadu, Andra Pradesh, etc in the Region Tab which comes under General Setup || Application || Country Region and City || Country.
In HowTos section, the How to Create Dataset document has been completed and it is available for the Community. This document explain how to create and install the dataset based on the different access level.
Contribute to the Openbravo Community by developing an sharing modules of your country regions!